October 17, 2008

For those who don't believe, its a true story



Some of you may already know this, and others may not. I started in a sales position about 3 months ago. It is the first time I have ever had my own office. Under much pressure from some guy in my ward, I was informed that I had to decorate my office. I had no desire to do this, and he suggested I get a token Blue Angels poster. Jamie had a better idea. She got me two posters that have Chuck Norris Facts. One of the salesmen I work with saw my posters. Andy instantly thought they were AWESOME!!! About three weeks ago Andy was flipping through TV channels with his girlfriend and came across a Chuck Norris show. Remembering how much I like Chuck, Andy told his girlfriend. She asked Andy if I would like an autographed picture of Chuck. To which Andy replied, "Uh yeah!." She picked up her cell phone and called Chuck. Turns out that this girl and Chuck had a fling at one point. Fast forward a couple of days into the future and I am at a weekly sales meeting. On the desk in that meeting is a package addressed to me. I opened it up and found this picture of Chuck Norris calling me his hero.

It was Legen...............wait for it............dary.

To those who want an autograph, the chances are dismal. Andy just broke up with this girl. I do however give permission to anyone who would like to have this picture to print it and say they know me personally.

2 comments:

Joel & Lila said...

Merrill, this is Joel and you are my hero too. this is without a doubt the coolest thing that has ever happened to anyone anytime anywhere.

Joe C. said...

that is the coolest thing ever. I can't believe that chuck norris took a break from governing the universe to sign that photo for you.